Friday, September 11, 2009

Visually Rich Communication


We’ve entered a universe of visual language memes, integrating emotive images with text. No longer are we limited to our own body language and facial expression. Anthropomorphized animal faces have invaded my self as surely as the automobile is an extension of the foot.







When Icanhascheezburger malfunctioned for two days, it was as if I had aphasia. I’d begun to think in this language, conjuring up LOLs to illustrate feelings as I composed posts.

Yesterday I saw a mobile computer called sixth sense, worn around the neck. It projects an interactive screen on any surface, and reads hand position to take commands. Baratunde was literally an image emitter. In meatspace, five years from now, we’ll be able to project images manually, to counterpoint our words.

No comments:

Post a Comment